The guys over at suckitdustboot.com have made a really great add on to the X Carve by adding a dust boot. We thought this was a good opportunity to look at making the laser work with it as well. You can add some safety to your laser installation as well as add some some vacuum ability as well to remove smoke as well.
*Note*: This is just for the plastic laser mount to work with the Suckit. You need to purchase the Suckit Dust Boot from www.suckitdustboot.com.
Laser Upgrade Your X Carve!
The kit works with all old and new X Carve machines. It also works with machines with the new Z Axis slider upgrade. We no longer mount the laser on the top of the Z gantry and instead mount it on top of the X Controller and run the cables to the gantry.
Installation Instructions: CLICK HERE
Suckit Side Mounting Kit – Standard Screw Version
The full kit includes the side mount and everything else in the original X Carve Mounting kit. Purchase this if you bought the magnetic laser shroud version.
- Laser Mount: To put in the spindle holder for the laser to connect with screws.
- Laser Mount Screws/Nuts: To mount the laser on the laser mount.
- Laser Spindle Mount Screws/Nuts: Longer M4 Screws to be able to place the laser mount in the spindle holder.
- Zip Ties: To clean everything up for cabling.
- Zip Tie Holder: To place on the Z axis gantry to hold the laser cable in place.
- Molex Mini Fit Cable: Input control cable for the laser driver.
- Laser and Fan Extension Cables: 10 ft extension cables.
Screw Connect Kit Contents
Laser is Mounted Beside the Router
This mount can be left on the machine at all times. You still have to push up the router and take the bit out of the chuck if you want to focus the laser at 1.5″, but you don’t need to take off the laser to use the router when you are done. Just leave the mount and laser on the machine.
Here is the side mount:
It comes with the plastic mount, two M4 screws to mount to the spindle holder, and screws to mount the laser.