Are you looking for a powerful yet easy to integrate laser driver for your project or product that won’t break the bank? Well look no further!
The J Tech Photonics High Power Laser/LED driver is designed with features, protection, size, and cost in mind.
We still have all of the features that make this laser kit awesome – precision laser trimmed regulators for constant current to the laser, 0.01 tuning resolution, digital isolation, soft start, esd protection, current limiting, and the list goes on. But NOW we have more safety in mind as well! The US Federal Government has a list of things that are required for operating these high power class 4 lasers. They might seem trivial, but they could save your eyesight! Here is a run down of the new safety features to protect yourself and others:
- Key Switch – This key is needed to enable the laser. When the key switch is turned on, the laser is enabled and the key CANNOT come out. You can only remove the key when it is disabled. This feature is good if you have curious children or have your laser in a shared area and want to limit use. Just take the key out and hide it!
- Remote Interlocks – This feature allows for addition of switches to your enclosure so when it is open, the laser will automatically turn off. Also provides for the addition of an E Stop button for the laser, which is always good for if you need to stop the laser super quick! Add as many switches as you want to make a super safe area for your laser machine so nobody can accidentally look into the laser.
- Power Fault Protection – This one may seem like it is not needed, but hear us out. Consider your power goes out in your area where the laser is located. You were running your program and then everything is dark… Power doesn’t come back on for awhile… long enough for you to forget that the laser was left ON! You come back and are checking your laser and boom, the power is back on, right when you are looking straight at it. Well, don’t worry because the laser will be disabled whenever the power to the driver is lost. Press the reset button and you are back in action!
- Emission Indicator – The small little LED on the front to let you know your really super bright laser is on… They require this in case you are using an infrared invisible laser.
The high power laser diode driver is cost effective and easily integrated into industrial, research, or enthusiast projects and products. The driver can be operated in CW mode or in Input Control Mode to be interfaced to remote electronics. This design uses digital isolators for super fast response and input range while protecting the laser from deadly ground loops. The board has screw terminal connections as well as Molex mini-fit Jr. connectors for easy connections to external equipment for control and the laser diode output.
5 Amp Version
This version of the popular High Current Laser Driver offers up a lot of current in a small package for an excellent price. The design team perfected several versions of this driver to give a quality current source with a large compliance voltages with both adapter choices to be able to work with most every laser diode. They packed it with multiple features and made it capable of interfacing with even the oldest of your equipment in your lab or the newest wiz bang in your product or system.
This driver will provide 5 amps of constant regulated and protected current to the diode. Configurable current limits with jumpers for 1, 2.0, 3, 4.0, and 5 amp settings and adjustable output with an analog trim pot. It also can be remotely controlled with an digital isolated input with a super huge range of acceptable voltages for turning your driver on and off. Does your equipment in your project or system that you want to interface with have backwards logic? No problem! There is a jumper for choosing inverted or non inverted logic as well! Perfect for integrating into any final product or project.
Simple, effective, and inexpensive current source for all of your laser needs…
- High power current source for driving Laser Diodes and Light Emitting Diodes.
- Current Range of 5 Amps.
- Current Ranges are adjustable in 1amp increments.
- Integrated cooling fan
- Soft start for diode protection.
- Reverse diode and ESD protection.
- Thermal Protection and Over Current Protection.
- Federal Compliant Safety Features
- Key switch, Remote Interlock, Power Fault Reset
- Compact Size.
- CW Mode and Input Control Mode.
- Digitally isolated control input.
- Control from CW to 5KHz.
- Configurable Input signal: Inverting /Non-Inverting.
- Multiple connector options for both Laser/LED output and control input.
- LED status lights for input laser enabled and laser on.
|Current Source Range:||0 – 5 Amps|
|Current Limit Jumper Settings:||1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Amps|
|Compliance Voltage w/12V adapter:||8 volts|
|Current Adjustment:||Analog Trim Pot|
|Current Range Accuracy||Always greater than limit, no more than 15%|
|Laser Diode Protection:||Soft Start, Reverse Voltage, Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown|
|Integrated Safety Features||Laser Enable Key Switch, Integrated Laser Interlock, Power off Reset, LED Indicators|
|AC Adapter Input Voltage:||100 – 240 VAC|
|Control Signal Digital Isolation Voltage:||4500 Vrms|
|Minimum Control Signal ”Turn On” Voltage:||2.8 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Voltage:||24 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Current:||50 ma|
|Control Signal Maximum Frequency:||5KHz|
|Connectors:||Screw Terminal and Molex Mini-Fit Jr™ Connectors|
|Operating Temperature:||0 to 40 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 to 70 °C|
|Dimensions:||3.6″ x 2.2″|