Dual PRO Laser driver
The J Tech Photonics High Power Laser/LED driver is designed with features, protection, size, and cost in mind.
We still have all of the features that make this laser kit awesome – precision laser trimmed regulators for constant current to the laser, 0.01 tuning resolution, digital isolation, soft start, esd protection, current limiting, and the list goes on. But NOW we have more safety in mind as well! The US Federal Government has a list of things that are required for operating these high power class 4 lasers. They might seem trivial, but they could save your eyesight! Here is a run down of the new safety features to protect yourself and others:
- Key Switch – This key is needed to enable the laser. When the key switch is turned on, the laser is enabled and the key CANNOT come out. You can only remove the key when it is disabled. This feature is good if you have curious children or have your laser in a shared area and want to limit use. Just take the key out and hide it!
- Remote Interlocks – This feature allows for addition of switches to your enclosure so when it is open, the laser will automatically turn off. Also provides for the addition of an E Stop button for the laser, which is always good for if you need to stop the laser super quick! Add as many switches as you want to make a super safe area for your laser machine so nobody can accidentally look into the laser.
- Power Fault Protection – This one may seem like it is not needed, but hear us out. Consider your power goes out in your area where the laser is located. You were running your program and then everything is dark… Power doesn’t come back on for awhile… long enough for you to forget that the laser was left ON! You come back and are checking your laser and boom, the power is back on, right when you are looking straight at it. Well, don’t worry because the laser will be disabled whenever the power to the driver is lost. Press the reset button and you are back in action!
- Emission Indicator – The small little LED on the front to let you know your really super bright laser is on… They require this in case you are using an infrared invisible laser.
Dual PRO Version
This is the new DUAL LASER driver to couple with the 14W DUAL LASER HEAD. As with the previous generations, the driver is designed to follow the federal guidelines for safety compliance for high power Class 4 laser operation. This includes the use of a key enable switch, safety interlock system, power off reset, and laser LED indicators. All of these features make for a safer laser operation and will comply with federal laws regulating such operations.
At the heart of the driver is a current level controller with an inductive loop and a power mosfet to give constant current with enough power capability and control for laser use. Couple this with inherent safety features like soft starting, current isolation, reverse protection, ESD protection, and thermal shutdown control and you have all you need in a small package.
The power level can be controlled via external PWM signal at the recommended frequency of 1Khz. If external PWM is not available, then there is an internal power level adjustment by switching to internal mode.
The Dual laser diode driver is cost effective and easily integrated into industrial, research, or enthusiast projects and products. The driver can be operated in CW mode or in Input Control Mode to be interfaced to remote electronics. This design uses optical isolators for super fast response and input range while protecting the laser from deadly ground loops. The board has screw terminal connections as well as Molex mini‐fit Jr. connectors for easy connections
- Designed for Dual PRO 14W laser from J Tech
- Current Range maximum of 3.5 Amps.
- Current Ranges are adjustable in increments.
- Integrated cooling fan
- Soft start for diode protection.
- Reverse diode and ESD protection.
- Thermal Protection and Over Current Protection.
- Federal Compliant Safety Features
- Key switch, Remote Interlock, Power Fault Reset
- Compact Size.
- CW Mode and Input Control Mode.
- Digitally isolated control input.
- Control from CW to 3KHz.
- Configurable Input signal: Inverting /Non-Inverting.
- Multiple connector options for both Laser/LED output and control input.
- LED status lights for input laser enabled and laser on.
|Current Source Range:||0 – 3.5 Amps|
|Current Limit Jumper Settings:||1, 2, 3, 3.5 Amps|
|Compliance Voltage w/12V adapter:||8 volts|
|Current Adjustment:||Analog Trim Pot|
|Current Range Accuracy||Always greater than limit, no more than 15%|
|Laser Diode Protection:||Soft Start, Reverse Voltage, Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown|
|Integrated Safety Features||Laser Enable Key Switch, Integrated Laser Interlock, Power off Reset, LED Indicators|
|AC Adapter Input Voltage:||100 – 240 VAC|
|Control Signal Digital Isolation Voltage:||4500 Vrms|
|Minimum Control Signal ”Turn On” Voltage:||2.8 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Voltage:||24 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Current:||50 ma|
|Control Signal Maximum Frequency:||3KHz|
|Connectors:||Screw Terminal and Molex Mini-Fit Jr™ Connectors|
|Operating Temperature:||0 to 40 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 to 70 °C|
|Dimensions:||3.6″ x 2.2″|