This breakout board is designed to work with the popular GRBL open source firmware for controlling CNC and laser machines. We have been very involved in the evolution of GRBL and this shield/breakout board is a simple and effective way to control a machine with GRBL. It offers easy to connect pinout for all signals and JST connectors for the more well used signals.
The board has these features:
- 4 Standard stepper board pinout carriers.
- Ability to select clone axis for multiple motor use.
- Noise suppression limit switch connections.
- Screw terminal and JST connectors for easy hookup.
- Reset select for either GRBL reset or Arduino Reset.
- Works with GRBL 1.1f and Laser Mode
The board has 4 slots for stepper drivers. It comes included with DRV8825 stepper drivers using the Texas Instruments DRV8825 motor driver chip.
Stepper Driver Features:
- 45 V maximum supply voltage
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current limit setting with potentiometer
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
|Minimum Operating Voltage||8.2V|
|Maximum Operating Voltage||45V|
|Continuous Current Per Phase||1.5 amps|
|Maximum Current Per Phase||2.2 amps|
|Current Limit Adjustment||Analog Trim Pot|
|Microstep Resolutions||Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32|
|Connectors:||Screw Terminal and JST PH Connectors|
|Operating Temperature:||0 to 40 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 to 70 °C|
|Dimensions:||3.25” x 2.25”|