6th Generation Product – it just keeps getting Better!
We have spent thousands of hours engineering the best laser product on the market for industrial, enthusiast, and research applications. It is now here. We have re-designed the product to improve safety, stability, power, and more cutting ability. We have tested the laser for continuous use at full power for more than 5 days straight of use in normal operating conditions.
We have gone through many generations of the design to get to the best of the best. We have performed extensive thermal imaging and thermal analysis to get to a stable output at high power.
Our new interlock system is totally re-designed to give optimal performance and safety you can depend on with extra features and more transient suppression. The isolated inputs are now even more industrial as well.
Upgrade many popular machines with our All in One Bundles HERE.
More TRUE Power, More Safety, Quality Engineered Design
From a company that stands by it’s products.
What this kit includes:
The standard kit comes with:
- 7W laser diode component with mounting screws
- 5 Amp Adjustable Safety Compliant Laser Diode Driver
- Power Adapter 12V 6A, US Style Plug
- Laser Safety Goggles for 445nm Lasers
- 3′ Molex MiniFit Jr. Input Cable (for longer lengths purchase here)
- Laser Fan
The laser diode in this kit is the strongest laser diode on the market.
Absolute Maximum Ratings:
|Item||Absolute Maximum Ratings||Unit|
|Forward Current (Tc = 25°C)||5||A|
|Absolute max output optical power||>7||W|
|Allowable Reverse Current (Tc = 25°C)||85||mA|
|Operating Case Temperature||50||°C|
Electrical / Optical Characteristics:
|Optical Output Power @4 amps||6.5||7||W|
|Optical Output Power @5 amps||7||7.3||W|
|Focused Spot Size||0.011||0.014||Inches|
|Beam Divergence Full Angle (1/e^2) //||5||14||25||deg.|
|Beam Divergence Full Angle (1/e^2) – Perp||30||44||50||deg.|
-Note: The beam is slightly rectangular. Focused size specification is for the long axis.
-Above specifications are for reference purposes only and are subject to change. Figures in specifications may contain measurement errors.
-Because it is running at 7W, the lifespan will be diminished. Running it at lower current will increase the lifespan.
We have kept all of the features that make this laser kit awesome – precision laser trimmed regulators for constant current to the laser, 0.01 tuning resolution, digital isolation, soft start, esd protection, current limiting, and the list goes on. But NOW we have more safety in mind as well! The US Federal Government has a list of things that are required for operating these high power class 4 lasers. They might seem trivial, but they could save your eyesight! Here is a run down of the safety features to protect yourself and others:
- Key Switch – This key is needed to enable the laser. When the key switch is turned on, the laser is enabled and the key CANNOT come out. You can only remove the key when it is disabled. This feature is good if you have curious children or have your laser in a shared area and want to limit use. Just take the key out and hide it!
- Remote Interlocks – This feature allows for addition of switches to your enclosure so when it is open, the laser will automatically turn off. Also provides for the addition of an E Stop button for the laser, which is always good for if you need to stop the laser super quick! Add as many switches as you want to make a super safe area for your laser machine so nobody can accidentally look into the laser.
- Power Fault Protection – This one may seem like it is not needed, but hear us out. Consider your power goes out in your area where the laser is located. You were running your program and then everything is dark… Power doesn’t come back on for awhile… long enough for you to forget that the laser was left ON! You come back and are checking your laser and boom, the power is back on, right when you are looking straight at it. Well, don’t worry because the laser will be disabled whenever the power to the driver is lost. Press the reset button and you are back in action!
- Emission Indicator – The small little LED on the front to let you know your really super bright laser is on… They require this in case you are using an infrared invisible laser.
This is the fifth generation of the popular High Current Laser Diode Driver series. We designed this new generation to follow the federal guidelines for safety compliance for high power Class 4 laser operation. This includes the use of a key enable switch, safety interlock system, power off reset, and laser LED indicators. All of these features make for a safer laser operation and will comply with federal laws regulating such operations.
At the heart of the product are laser trimmed parallel regulators to give constant current without the large temperature dissipation of other regulators. Couple this with inherent safety features like soft starting, current isolation, reverse protection, ESD protection, and thermal shutdown control and you have all you need in a small package.
The high power laser diode driver is cost effective and easily integrated into industrial, research, or enthusiast projects and products. The driver can be operated in CW mode or in Input Control Mode to be interfaced to remote electronics. This design uses digital isolators for super fast response and input range while protecting the laser from deadly ground loops. The board has screw terminal connections as well as Molex mini-fit Jr. connectors for easy connections to external equipment for control and the laser diode output.
- High power current source for driving Laser Diodes and Light Emitting Diodes.
- Current Range of 5 Amps.
- Current Ranges are adjustable in 500ma increments.
- Integrated cooling fan
- Soft start for diode protection.
- Reverse diode and ESD protection.
- Thermal Protection and Over Current Protection.
- Federal Compliant Safety Features
- Key switch, Remote Interlock, Power Fault Reset
- Compact Size.
- CW Mode and Input Control Mode.
- Digitally isolated control input.
- Control from CW to 5KHz.
- Configurable Input signal: Inverting /Non-Inverting.
- Multiple connector options for both Laser/LED output and control input.
- LED status lights for input laser enabled and laser on.
|Current Source Range:||0 – 5 Amps|
|Current Limit Jumper Settings:||Amps|
|Compliance Voltage w/12V adapter:||8 volts|
|Current Adjustment:||Analog Trim Pot|
|Current Range Accuracy||Always greater than limit, no more than 15%|
|Laser Diode Protection:||Soft Start, Reverse Voltage, Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown|
|Integrated Safety Features||Laser Enable Key Switch, Integrated Laser Interlock, Power off Reset, LED Indicators|
|AC Adapter Input Voltage:||100 – 240 VAC|
|Control Signal Digital Isolation Voltage:||4500 Vrms|
|Minimum Control Signal ”Turn On” Voltage:||2.8 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Voltage:||36 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Current:||50 ma|
|Control Signal Maximum Frequency:||5KHz|
|Connectors:||Screw Terminal and Molex Mini-Fit Jr™ Connectors|
|Operating Temperature:||0 to 40 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 to 70 °C|
|Dimensions:||3.6″ x 2.2″|