High Power Diode Lasers
7th Generation Product – 12 Years in the Making
At J Tech Photonics, we have been designing and developing efficient high-power diode lasers for a variety of applications for over 12 years. We introduced the idea of putting a laser on a 3D printer in 2010 and a CNC machine shortly after this. Whether you want to cut various woods, cut foam and acrylics, or laser engrave a variety of materials, we can provide the perfect laser for your project.
Combining Two PRO Laser Diodes – Maximizing Power
We have taken our popular 7W PRO laser diode and combined them into the same package. Beam combining optics join the two laser diodes by polarization to get two beams out of the laser instead of just one. Each diode has special optical elements in the diodes to also make the beam profile square instead of a rectangle. This allows for higher precision for engraving and higher beam density for cutting.
More Cutting Power – Air Assist
The new Dual PRO laser has the ability to cut more materials at larger thickness than the existing 7W PRO laser. In addition to more power, we also have the ability to add air assist to the laser. It makes for an awesome cutting machine. 1/4″ plywood, 1/2″ dark acrylics, 1/2″ MDF, no problem!
New Efficient Dual Laser Driver
The newest laser driver in our family has been designed with all of the safety features required by the FDA that it’s predecessors have. It is a constant current source that can still operate on 12V power and has been designed to be super efficient. You can control it with a Pulse Width Modulated signal through the industrial opto-isolated input. If you don’t have power control on your machine, we designed it with an internal PWM source to be able to control the output power of the diode with no need for external power control.
Cut More Materials Efficiently
All materials might be slightly different, but here are some examples on the cutting ability. We cut several materials and made it so the material would just almost drop out. If you try cutting different material, it is all about density. The least dense the better. If cutting things other than wood, then dark materials will cut best.
Engrave your favorite logo or design and then cut it out with the laser. Super easy to make coaster and ornaments for family, friends, or customers.
Our Team. Number 1 in Customer Service
We boast a team of professionals dedicated to our work. We have years of experience in the industry, so we know what high-end industrial manufacturing facilities are looking for and we aim to provide it. We design lasers that we would be proud to use ourselves. You can get in touch with us via phone or email and we answer your questions quickly and efficiently because we have the knowledge to do so.
If you’re ready to use versatile high-power diode lasers, order today.
Upgrade many popular machines with our All in One Bundles HERE.
More Dual Power, More Safety, Quality Engineered Design
From a company that stands by it’s products.
What this kit includes:
The standard kit comes with:
- 14W Dual laser diode head with magnetic shroud
- Dual Laser Adjustable Safety Compliant Laser Diode Driver
- Power Adapter 12V 6A, US Style Plug
- Laser Safety Goggles for 445nm Lasers
- 3′ Molex MiniFit Jr. Input Cable (for longer lengths purchase here
- Dual Laser Focus Tool
Get Your All in One Machine Bundle HERE
The laser diode in this kit is the strongest laser diode on the market.
Absolute Maximum Ratings:
|Item||Absolute Maximum Ratings||Unit|
|Forward Current (Tc = 25°C)||3.5||A|
|Absolute max output optical power||14||W|
|Allowable Reverse Current (Tc = 25°C)||85||mA|
|Operating Case Temperature||50||°C|
Electrical / Optical Characteristics:
|Optical Output Power @3.0 amps||10||11||W|
|Optical Output Power @3.5 amps||12||14||W|
|Focused Spot Size||0.004||0.006||Inches|
|Beam Divergence Full Angle (1/e^2) //||5||14||25||deg.|
|Beam Divergence Full Angle (1/e^2) – Perp||30||44||50||deg.|
-Above specifications are for reference purposes only and are subject to change. Figures in specifications may contain measurement errors.
We have kept all of the features that make this laser kit awesome – precision laser trimmed regulators for constant current to the laser, 0.01 tuning resolution, digital isolation, soft start, esd protection, current limiting, and the list goes on. But NOW we have more safety in mind as well! The US Federal Government has a list of things that are required for operating these high power class 4 lasers. They might seem trivial, but they could save your eyesight! Here is a run down of the safety features to protect yourself and others:
- Key Switch – This key is needed to enable the laser. When the key switch is turned on, the laser is enabled and the key CANNOT come out. You can only remove the key when it is disabled. This feature is good if you have curious children or have your laser in a shared area and want to limit use. Just take the key out and hide it!
- Remote Interlocks – This feature allows for addition of switches to your enclosure so when it is open, the laser will automatically turn off. Also provides for the addition of an E Stop button for the laser, which is always good for if you need to stop the laser super quick! Add as many switches as you want to make a super safe area for your laser machine so nobody can accidentally look into the laser.
- Power Fault Protection – This one may seem like it is not needed, but hear us out. Consider your power goes out in your area where the laser is located. You were running your program and then everything is dark… Power doesn’t come back on for awhile… long enough for you to forget that the laser was left ON! You come back and are checking your laser and boom, the power is back on, right when you are looking straight at it. Well, don’t worry because the laser will be disabled whenever the power to the driver is lost. Press the reset button and you are back in action!
- Emission Indicator – The small little LED on the front to let you know your really super bright laser is on… They require this in case you are using an infrared invisible laser.
This is the 7th generation of the popular High Current Laser Diode Driver series. We designed this new generation to follow the federal guidelines for safety compliance for high power Class 4 laser operation. This includes the use of a key enable switch, safety interlock system, power off reset, and laser LED indicators. All of these features make for a safer laser operation and will comply with federal laws regulating such operations.
At the heart of the product is a semiconductor controlled mosfet inductive current circuit giving extreme efficiency and high voltage that the dual laser needs. Couple this with inherent safety features like soft starting, current isolation, reverse protection, ESD protection, and thermal shutdown control and you have all you need in a small package.
The high power laser diode driver is cost effective and easily integrated into industrial, research, or enthusiast projects and products. The driver can be operated in CW mode or in Input Control Mode to be interfaced to remote electronics. This design uses digital isolators for super fast response and input range while protecting the laser from deadly ground loops. The board has screw terminal connections as well as Molex mini-fit Jr. connectors for easy connections to external equipment for control and the laser diode output.
- High power current source for driving dual laser diode configurations.
- Adjustable Current ranges, 1amp, 2 amps, 3 amps, 3.6 amps.
- Current Ranges are adjustable and designed for the Dual PRO laser.
- Integrated cooling fan
- Soft start for diode protection.
- Reverse diode and ESD protection.
- Thermal Protection and Over Current Protection.
- Federal Compliant Safety Features
- Key switch, Remote Interlock, Power Fault Reset
- Compact Size.
- CW Mode and Input Control Mode.
- Digitally isolated control input.
- Internal PWM mode for independent power control.
- Control from CW to 2.5KHz.
- Configurable Input signal: Inverting /Non-Inverting.
- Multiple connector options for both Laser/LED output and control input.
- LED status lights for input laser enabled and laser on.
|Current Source Range:||0 – 3.6 Amps|
|Current Limit Jumper Settings:||1, 2, 3, 3.6 Amps|
|Compliance Voltage w/12V adapter:||8 volts|
|Current Adjustment:||Analog Trim Pot|
|Current Range Accuracy||Always greater than limit, no more than 15%|
|Laser Diode Protection:||Soft Start, Reverse Voltage, Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown|
|Integrated Safety Features||Laser Enable Key Switch, Integrated Laser Interlock, Power off Reset, LED Indicators|
|AC Adapter Input Voltage:||100 – 240 VAC|
|Control Signal Digital Isolation Voltage:||4500 Vrms|
|Minimum Control Signal ”Turn On” Voltage:||2.8 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Voltage:||24Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Current:||50 ma|
|Control Signal Maximum Frequency:||2.5KHz|
|Connectors:||Screw Terminal and Molex Mini-Fit Jr™ Connectors|
|Operating Temperature:||0 to 40 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 to 70 °C|
|Dimensions:||3.6″ x 2.2″|
There are no reviews yet.