Shapeoko4 and PRO All in One Laser Mounting Bundle
Includes Everything You Need to Install a Laser on Your Shapeoko4 or PRO machine.
All the choices to add a laser to your Shapeoko4 or Shapeoko PRO CNC in one place.
1. Pick your Laser Wattage:
There are 5 wattage levels to choose from (2.8W, 4.2W , 7W PRO, Dual PRO 14W, or the 24W Quad PRO). Most customers go with the highest power they can afford. The lower power has a lower price, but will take longer to do the same burn level in an engraving. The 4.2W will go 2x as fast and the 7W PRO will go 4x as fast for the same burn level as the 2.8W. The Dual Pro 14W laser will be good for engraving and cutting. The 24W Quad PRO will be the best for cutting.
2. Choose Your Power Cord:
We have options for U.S. (North America), UK (United Kingdom), EU (European Union), and AU (Australia).
3. Do you want to add the High Resolution AR Coated Lens
This lens will create a smaller and more “rounded” beam to the laser giving a higher resolution spot. While this is not as noticeable on the smaller wattage lasers, it can be a significant improvement for >2.8W lasers when engraving and cutting. Click HERE for more information. The Dual Pro 14W comes standard with the high resolution lens
4. Choose your mount option.
There are two versions of the mount. The side mount will work even with the dust boot attached. It fits on the side of the machine.
The front mount will go on the front of the router holder.
The 24W laser will only mount to the side
The standard kit comes with:
- Laser diode component with mounting screws
- Laser Shroud (all options are shrouded)
- Adjustable Safety Compliant Laser Diode Driver
- Power Cord
- Laser Safety Goggles for 445nm Lasers
- Laser Mount
- 3 foot Mini Molex Jr. Input Cable for the Carbide Board
- Mounting Screws
- Driver Mounting Sticky Squares
- 10 foot Laser and Fan Extension Cables
- Zip Ties and Zip Tie Holders
- Press Fit Connector and Tool
We still have all of the features that make this laser kit awesome – precision laser trimmed regulators for constant current to the laser, 0.01 tuning resolution, digital isolation, soft start, esd protection, current limiting, and the list goes on. But NOW we have more safety in mind as well! The US Federal Government has a list of things that are required for operating these high power class 4 lasers. They might seem trivial, but they could save your eyesight! Here is a run down of the new safety features to protect yourself and others:
- Key Switch – This key is needed to enable the laser. When the key switch is turned on, the laser is enabled and the key CANNOT come out. You can only remove the key when it is disabled. This feature is good if you have curious children or have your laser in a shared area and want to limit use. Just take the key out and hide it!
- Remote Interlocks – This feature allows for addition of switches to your enclosure so when it is open, the laser will automatically turn off. Also provides for the addition of an E Stop button for the laser, which is always good for if you need to stop the laser super quick! Add as many switches as you want to make a super safe area for your laser machine so nobody can accidentally look into the laser.
- Power Fault Protection – This one may seem like it is not needed, but hear us out. Consider your power goes out in your area where the laser is located. You were running your program and then everything is dark… Power doesn’t come back on for awhile… long enough for you to forget that the laser was left ON! You come back and are checking your laser and boom, the power is back on, right when you are looking straight at it. Well, don’t worry because the laser will be disabled whenever the power to the driver is lost. Press the reset button and you are back in action!
- Emission Indicator – The small little LED on the front to let you know your really super bright laser is on… They require this in case you are using an infrared invisible laser.