Shapeoko3 All in One Laser Mounting Bundle
Includes Everything You Need to Install a Laser on Your Shapeoko3 XXL, XL, or Standard Size!
All the choices to add a laser to your Shapeoko3 CNC in one place.
1. Pick your Laser Wattage:
There are 5 wattage levels to choose from (2.8W, 4.2W , 7W PRO, Dual PRO 14W, or the 24W Quad PRO). Most customers go with the highest power they can afford. The lower power has a lower price, but will take longer to do the same burn level in an engraving. The 4.2W will go 2x as fast and the 7W PRO will go 4x as fast for the same burn level as the 2.8W. The Dual Pro 14W laser will be good for engraving and cutting. The 24W Quad PRO will be the best for cutting.
Quad PRO 24W on Shaoeoko3 Standard Mount
2. Choose Standard Mounting or if you have a Dust Boot:
Standard Shapeoko or Suckit Dust Boot compatible. 24W Quad PRO only available in standard mounting option.
3. Choose Your Power Cord:
We have options for U.S. (North America), UK (United Kingdom), EU (European Union), and AU (Australia).
4. Do you want to add the High Resolution AR Coated Lens
This lens will create a smaller and more “rounded” beam to the laser giving a higher resolution spot. While this is not as noticeable on the smaller wattage lasers, it can be a significant improvement for >2.8W lasers when engraving and cutting. Click HERE for more information. The Dual Pro 14W comes standard with the high resolution lens.
The standard kit comes with:
- Laser diode component with mounting screws
- Laser Shroud
- Adjustable Safety Compliant Laser Diode Driver
- Power Cord
- Laser Safety Goggles for 445nm Lasers
- Laser Mount
- 3 foot Mini Molex Jr. Input Cable
- Mounting Screws
- Driver Mounting Sticky Squares
- 10 foot Laser and Fan Extension Cables
- Zip Ties and Zip Tie Holders
- Press Fit Connector and Tool
Air Assist Option:
The 24W laser comes with the integrated air assist nozzle, hose, and risers. Pump not included. 50W Aquarium Pump for Cutting
For 7W PRO and 14W Dual PRO lasers, the air assist nozzle kit is here: Air Assist Nozzle Kit
We still have all of the features that make this laser kit awesome – precision laser trimmed regulators for constant current to the laser, 0.01 tuning resolution, digital isolation, soft start, esd protection, current limiting, and the list goes on. But NOW we have more safety in mind as well! The US Federal Government has a list of things that are required for operating these high power class 4 lasers. They might seem trivial, but they could save your eyesight! Here is a run down of the new safety features to protect yourself and others:
- Key Switch – This key is needed to enable the laser. When the key switch is turned on, the laser is enabled and the key CANNOT come out. You can only remove the key when it is disabled. This feature is good if you have curious children or have your laser in a shared area and want to limit use. Just take the key out and hide it!
- Remote Interlocks – This feature allows for addition of switches to your enclosure so when it is open, the laser will automatically turn off. Also provides for the addition of an E Stop button for the laser, which is always good for if you need to stop the laser super quick! Add as many switches as you want to make a super safe area for your laser machine so nobody can accidentally look into the laser.
- Power Fault Protection – This one may seem like it is not needed, but hear us out. Consider your power goes out in your area where the laser is located. You were running your program and then everything is dark… Power doesn’t come back on for awhile… long enough for you to forget that the laser was left ON! You come back and are checking your laser and boom, the power is back on, right when you are looking straight at it. Well, don’t worry because the laser will be disabled whenever the power to the driver is lost. Press the reset button and you are back in action!
- Emission Indicator – The small little LED on the front to let you know your really super bright laser is on… They require this in case you are using an infrared invisible laser.
HolladayMakes (verified owner) –
I bought the 4.2W laser and it is working brilliantly. i have had no issues with anything so far. With little knowledge of using laser but using this kit with the lightburn software it was easy enough to make great looking pieces!
Thanks again for the great product!
Ken Kusar (verified owner) –
I bought the 14w Pro laser kit for my Shapeoko 3xxl. I had taken on a project that I would have normally done with my FSL Muse but the CoolBox was leaking water and finding replacement hoses for it has been difficult. I have been considering a laser upgrade for my CNC machine for a while and this situation pushed me forward with it. All I can say is that I am highly impressed with the JTech lasers performance and the responsiveness with their support while setting it up. (I did not know that the Gcode would not fire the laser if it was run on the Carbide Motion software) It took a little while to fine tune the power/speed settings for my project but once I did, it was easy going. I had 240 – 3.5″ x 3.5″ table signs to engrave and cut out. This did take longer than my 45w CO2 laser (of course) but being able to set up 2 – 12″ x 24″ sheets on my Shapeoko, press run and walk away while each cut was wonderful.
Each set of 2 sheets took 18 hours to cut, then I flipped out the sheets and set up the next 2 (14 sheets in total). I pretty much ran the job with little to no time between sets as I was under a deadline that was nearing its end. This laser never faltered one bit during its 5.5 day (nearly non stop) run. (JTech probably does not recommend running the laser this much non-stop but it did it with ease)
I am sure I will be putting this laser through its paces even more soon, but so far, I am highly satisfied with my purchase.